For those lucky enough to have a mom to celebrate this upcoming Mother’s day with, cherish her. Mom’s are truly the best, when we were young they made us feel the world was our oyster. Nothing was too much, and even though she was busy she always made you a priority(at least mine did). As you get older, she continues to wear many hats including best friend, bad partner/spouse banisher and most of all, the one person that can humble you and tell you like it is, no filter.
As we approach the hallmark holiday to celebrate the favorite lady in your life, we realize that sometimes life gets in the way and you get too busy to plan a perfect mothers day ahead or even think about what gift to get her outside of a sappy card, that’s why you have us! Here we bring you a few last minute gifts, some you can pick up or overnight ship just in time for Mother’s Day on Sunday May 8. Whether it’s a hot tech or beauty product, mom will love it because it was given with love. We’ve got something for your price point, be it a baller on a budget, ballin out of control or mom’s still putting some money in your account to get by.
• Tissot’s PR 100 Quartz is part of its NBA collection so if mom’s an NBA sports fan perfect gift for her. (Purchase at Bloomingdale’s or Saks Fifth Avenue).
• This Isabel Marant rock cuff is a statement maker she can wear over and over.
• Some mom’s don’t like getting beauty items because they have a routine but this Charlotte Tilbury Goddess Skin Clay Mask will wow her.| Fashion Fair has really vamped their makeup line and their lipstick and eyeshadows are standouts.
• If your mom is into spas and a great cocktail, head over to the Loews Chicago hotel (Streeterville) spa for a mani pedi and end the day at their traveling pop-up bar “The Traveller Project,” the hot bartender behind the drinks will be an additional treat. | If mom is the kind that can never have enough perfumes, add this Lelabo 29 Noir to her collection, it youthful, unique and not so ubiquitous.
• One thing we wouldn’t recommend buying mom is clothes, unless you know the exact size/measurements style of said outfits but accessories? definitely and we are loving this reversible WANT Les Essentiels de la Vie Strauss Tote for that cool chic mom on the go.
• Beyonce’s Formation Tour lands in Chicago May 27 & May 28, though May 27 is sold out, there are some seats (according to Ticketmaster) still available but they won’t come cheap if you want to treat mom to an amazing view of Queen Bey.
• Sometimes you just want to give the mom/wife/grandma the best of the best and what says best that fine, pricey not available at local Jewel wine. Hart Davis Hart wines, purveyors of amazing wines, will have their next auction of Finest & Rarest Wines on May 12 & 13 at Tru restaurant.
• Omega is the official watch of the upcoming Rio 2016 Summer Olympics but instead of splashing on a trip to Rio, get her a watch that will last years to come and says, I’m chic, I’m classic and my wrist game’s correct. If you can’t swing full price for one, we recommend checking out The RealReal, which has tons of fine jewelry that were previously loved for good prices.
• Money not as long as you would like right now? Not to worry, take mom by Stan’s donuts in Streeterville, after an early breakfast at home (in bed), then pop into MCA Chicago to see the powerful new Kerry James Marshall exhibit Mastry.
• Each year the The Gene Siskel Film Center (GSFC) of the School of the Art Institute of Chicago hosts their annual fundraiser honoring a hollywood talent with the Renaissance award and this year, actress and mom Scarlett Johansson will receive the award at Celebrate Scarlett June 30. Get mom tickets, you get a tax deduction, she gets to dress fancy and rub shoulders #winwin.
For everyone that’s probably had mom call them to help plug something in or organize their iPhone, monument is for mom. It organizes photos and stores it so she can have her photos all in one place and show off whenever. Proud grandma, empty nester mama or someone who loves the selfie stick a lot will love this.
A Lighted phone cases for better selfies? YES! If your mom is anything like ours, the day she discovered how to selfie “taking tips from Kim Kardashian” nothing else has been the same. Help mom step her selfie game up with a Ty-Lite, the LED light selfie case, developed by Beyoncé’s stylist Ty Hunter, it will be like she has her own light ring all the time.