What are some of the fashion & retail happenings going on in and around Chicago? We’ve got the scoop…
M2057 BY MARIA PINTO STYLE STUDIO
- Maria Pinto is moving into new permanent digs starting Friday (11/6) at 833 W. Washington Blvd 60607. The West Loop location will be closed on Mondays but head over to browse and shop the collection, enjoy a glass of bubbly and say hello!
“Art You Grew Up With”
- Macy’s on State Street will be the exclusive host for the launch of London-based “Art You Grew Up With” in the US! Shoppers will have the unique pportunity to shop and customize merchandise from the iconic and beloved characters of PEANUTS®. Offering framed and unframed art prints, mugs, cell phone cases, iPad cases and t-shirts, beginning at $20, customers can pick the colors, characters and messages of their choice, for the perfect customizable gift. All customization is done in store, and is ready to take home within 30 minutes. Speaking of PEANUTS, Macy’s on State Street’s holiday window displays will incorporate a PEANUTS themed window as well as collaborating in celebration of the PEANUTS 65th Anniversary and the golden anniversary of the holiday classic “A Charlie Brown Christmas,” along with a new Snoopy’s Doghouse float debuting this year in the 89th Annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. In celebration of the Macy’s on State Street Great Tree Lighting on Saturday, November 7, “Art You Grew Up With” will offer a commemorative PEANUTS themed Great Tree Lighting mug.
Alexandra Torissi at 900 Shops
- On Thursday November 5th, come celebrate the grand opening at 900 Shops (900 North Michigan Avenue – Level 5) and also the premiere of Alexandra Torissi AW15 debut collection RSVP HERE.
Night of Stars Gala
- Fashion Group International of Chicago will host its Night of Stars gala on Thursday, November 12 at 6:30 pm. Luminaries from the fashion and design world, Nate Berkus, Ken Downing, Creative Director, Neiman Marcus, Nina Mariano, Cle de Peau, Badgley Mischka will take the stage as they accept their FGI Stargazer Awards at the elegant Ritz-Carlton Chicago (160 East Pearson St.). The event is being chaired by Carrie Lannon and all proceeds from the evening will benefit the Fashion Group of Chicago Educational Scholarship Fund, which grants scholarships to fashion and design students.
Tamara Mellon Chicago Trunk Show
- On Thursday November 5 from 1-7pm, at the Library at Public Hotel (1301 N. State St.) join Kathleen Henson, Jennifer Worman, Dorri McWhorter, Janet Mandell for an exclusive trunk show with new TAMARA MELLON Chief Design Officer Tania Spinelli with portion of all sales benefitting YWCA Metropolitan Chicago.
- Nike has launched the #GetOutHere campaign where athletes at every level embrace the winter weather for outdoor training and running workouts. Chicagoans can participate in weekly outdoor training events with Nike+ every Tuesday and Thursdays at 6:30pm. Every Nike+ event is complimentary and registration opens each Sunday at 2pm.
Additionally, The Get Out Here Challenge will be the ultimate outdoor training and running workouts held in Chicago during the week of December 8, 2015. Selected athletes will also be awarded with an assortment of Nike product innovation, specifically designed for cold weather, SIGN UP HERE.
- Chicago based apparel and accessories brand t+j Designs debut their Sequin Soirée Lookbook just in time for holiday outfit planning, have a look HERE.
Have some retail news you would like to share? Click here to email us.
Want to keep up with our latest fashion news & coverage?Follow us on Snapchat @sociaLifechi | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter & Click here to get this and more scene worthy items delivered to your inbox.