What are some of the retail happenings going on in and around Chicago? We’ve got the scoop…
• Yves Delorme (2056 N. Halsted Street 60614), the upscale French linen house is celebrating the national French holiday Bastille Day by offering 20% off on ALL items starting Friday, July 10th until Saturday, July 18th.
• The 2015 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale already started for Nordstrom card holders but the rest of us plebeians will have to wait until July 17 -August 2 (#sweartahgahd if the good shoes my size are gone, we’ll have problems). While there, pick up some Whish body products they are launching their Soda Fountain Collection in 16 ounce pump bottles with flavors like Black Cherry, Ginger Melon, Key Lime and Orange Cream.
• DreamDry, the blow-dry and styling salon co-founded by celebrity stylist Rachel Zoe and Robin Moraetes, is set to open their second Chicago location in the Waldorf Astoria Spa & Health Club on Friday, July 24th.
• H&M to open a new location at Chicago Ridge Mall on August 6th at noon. The 24,000 sq. ft, the new location will become the retailers seventeenth destinations in Illinois. The new H&M location will offer a one stop shopping destination for quality clothing for the whole family, with collections ranging from ladies, men, young ladies, and young men to separate “store within a store” sections for accessories, cosmetics, lingerie, maternity, sports apparel, and a plus-size line, H&M+. The Chicago Ridge Mall location will also carry H&M’s children’s collection, from newborn to fourteen years.
• PROPERSUIT has launched their Client Shop which consists of looks recommended to improve your wardrobe such as fabrics that perform their duty well, clients who have raved about their purchase but most importantly what is a versatile worthwhile investment.
• Virgin Hotels Chicago has teamed up with Gap to take room service to the next level through their apps (Virgin’s Lucy app & Gap’s Reserve in Store program) to have the latest Gap styles delivered straight to their hotel room.
• Lilly Pulitzer is coming to Oakbrook Center at the end of July. The new location will host a grand opening and shopper giveaways in the coming week. This will be the brand’s first stand alone store in Illinois. “We’ve landing in Chicago and are thrilled to bring our resort wear, optimistic outlook and happy prints to those who’ve loved the brand for years and for the new Lilly Girls out there. Shoppers can expect everything to be very ‘Lilly,’ with the interior of the store painted by one of our print designers. We hope our new location will become a regular stop for anyone headed someplace sunny.”- Jane Schoenborn-Paradis, Lilly Pulitzer vice president of creative communications and marketing.
• Haberash Men’s South Loop in the Roosevelt Collection has closed. The River north location though is still open.
• After closing sometime in March, AllSaints is currently looking at 2 spaces for their next Chicago location, let’s hope they get something just a wee bit smaller than their former Michigan Avenue behemoth.
*image via: US Wanderer
Have some retail news you would dlike to share? Click here and email us.
Want to keep up with our latest fashion news & coverage? Click here to get this and more scene worthy items delivered to your inbox.